Located in the historical Stadtpalais of Aachen’s Theaterstraße, c:o/re creates an innovative intellectual space for investigating the manifold research cultures in the sciences.
As part of RWTH Aachen University – a University of Excellence and one of the largest technical universities in Europe – the center’s location offers various possibilities for collaboration: with the different institutes in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and beyond, with the Jülich-Aachen Research Alliance JARA BRAIN, and with the institutes in the German-Belgian-Dutch Region “Euregio” engaging in Science and Technology Studies (Universities of Liège and Maastricht).
Associated Research Groups
c:o/re is embedded in a lively research context at RWTH, which it enriches through its annual fellows and internal team.
These are our several associated RWTH research groups, to which the directors of c:o/re contribute in a variety of managerial and academic ways:
- Computational Science Studies Lab (CCS Lab), Chair of Theory of Science and Technology
- Living Labs Incubator (LLI), HumTec (DFG EXU, 2019 – 2027)
- Philosophy of (digital) Geology (DFG, 2022 – 2024)
- Society after Money – Simulation (Volkswagen-Foundation, 2018 – 2022)
- Discourses on Public Health Issues (DiPubHealth), Chair of Society and Technology (Bayer Foundation, 2021 – 2024)
- NeuroSys: Innovation processes and business model development, Chair of Management Accounting (BMBF, 2022-2022)
- Linguistics and Cognitive Semiotics Chair (RWTH Aachen University)