Ana María Guzmán
Ana María Guzmán
Ana María Guzmán is a researcher at c:o/re and PhD Candidate at the University of Bonn. In 2017 she completed her studies in Philosophy at the UNAM, Mexico (BA) and the Freie Universität Berlin (MA). In 2013 she also completed a specialization on Interdisciplinary Artistic Research at the CNA, Mexico. Since 2013 she has been collaborating with the Project Seminario de Tecnologías Filosóficas. From 2018 to 2019 she was Research Assistant for Technosphere at Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin. She co-coordinates the Spanish speaking version of the Research Network for Philosophy and Technology. Her Dissertation “Within Nature: Hegel’s Local Determination of Thought” deals with the conditions for the intelligibility of nature within Hegel’s Logic and Philosophy of Nature. She aims to find an immanent logical structure of technical thought. Her research interests are (German) Idealism, Theories of Political Action (Rancière, Butler, Arendt), (Techno)Feminism, technologies of desire, and Gilbert Simondon.
Last Research Outputs
- Povinelli, Elizabeth, Ana Guzmán. 2021. “Where is Technology? Interview with Elizabeth Povinelli”. In Das Neue Alphabet: Making, Volume 7, edited by Katrin Klingan , Johanna Schindler, Nick Houde. Leipzig: Spector Books.
- Guzmán, Ana, Hugo Esquinca Villafuerte. Eds. 2021. Local Futures: Beyond Inclusion. Technophany, Special Issue 1, ISSN 2773-0875.
- Reale Möglichkeiten. Utopien Denken. InterChair Kolloquium University of Bonn, 24 Nov 2021.
- The Technicity of the Concept. Conference Crossing the Border of Humanity: Cyborgs in Ethic, Law, and Art, 14-15 Dec 2021.
- Hegels Topology of Thought. Confronting Crisis, Australian Hegel Society, 2-3 Dec, 2021.
- Metastable Bodies: a reflection on Simondon’s political and technical individuation. Colloquium for French Philosophy, University of Bonn, 20 Jan 2022.
Find me at: